May is CIRMA's Preventing Sprains & Strains Awareness Month!
Sprain and strain injuries are a leading cause of injury to municipal and public school employees. In the past five years, over 11,000 such claims were reported by CIRMA members leading to over $40 million in total claims costs. The personal cost to employees is often higher, with many left in chronic pain or permanently disabled. Visit our Resource page.
New Liability-Auto-Property Coverages for 2016-17
New for 2016-17! We’ve expanded our Liability-Auto-Property Program and coverages to provide coverage for two important new exposures: Cyber Risk and drones.
Look for more information about these new LAP program enhancements in the weeks ahead!
Risk Management Acheivement Awards, 2016
Nine CIRMA members were named Risk Management Achievement Award recipients for their outstanding risk management efforts and results for 2016. CIRMA’s award program celebrates its members’ success while providing a forum for members to share their learning, experiences, and new ways of managing risk.
The recipients for 2016 are--
|NEW & INNOVATIVE RISK MANAGEMENT INITIATIVES
SUSTAINED RISK MANAGEMENT PROGRAMS
ESTABLISHING RISK MANAGEMENT AS AN ORGANIZATIONAL PRIORITY
|SUBSTANTIAL IMPACT ON LOSS COST FACTORS
OUTSTANDING COMMITMENT & RESULTS FROM SAFETY & HEALTH COMMITTEES
EXCEPTIONAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
North Stonington Public Schools
CIRMA's E-Learning Center -- New topics for Spring 2016
Employee training is one of the most important parts of your risk management program. CIRMA's new E-Learning Center extends the reach of our Risk Management Training & Education programs, enabling employees and managers to learn important safety and risk management topics -- when and where their work schedule demands, from any computer or mobile device with internet access. CIRMA's E-Learning program is provided free to all CIRMA members. Register your employees now so that they can take advantage of this important training opportunity. Watch your email inbox for news and information or contact us for more information on registration. Download the brochure.
We've added five new topics for Spring 2016. Our topics are:
|- Back Injury Prevention - New!
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Globally Harmonized System
- Personal Protective Equipment
|- Workplace Ergonomics - New!
- Sexual Harassment Awareness for Managers - New!
- Sexual Harassment in the Workplace - New!
- Violence in the Workplace - New!
A printable certificate is issued upon successful completion of the program.
Workers’ Compensation Pool Members: Report claims online
Please note: Please report ALL non-catastrophic claims online. To register to report claims online, please contact Sean Gaffney.
The ease-of-use and speed of our NetClaim.net reporting system helps assure that our claims teams receives accurate, timely information about the claim to help achieve the best possible outcome. Catherine Reese of the Town Waterford says of the system:
"Waterford has used CIRMA’s internet claim filing service since August 2006.
This process has resulted in the following benefits:
• Streamlined the claim reporting process (faster, easier reporting).
• Centralized the reporting to the HR Office which ensured confidentiality and proper follow-up.
• Claims detail more accurate with nothing being lost “in translation” in a telephone call.
• Saved valuable time in a very busy HR Office when time is at a premium.
• IVOS invaluable for checking status of claim, payments, etc.
The Town of Waterford has been very happy with this CIRMA service and happily recommend it to any municipality!"
Excellence in Risk Management Award
CIRMA’s Excellence in Risk Management Award honors those CIRMA members who demonstrate exceptional leadership and exemplarily results in the management of their risk and loss exposures. Awards are given to CIRMA members annually to recognize and highlight the successes of their risk management programs, initiatives and provide an opportunity to share these accomplishments and promote the value of risk management throughout CIRMA’s membership.
• The CIRMA Excellence in Risk Management Award is open to all CIRMA members.
• A nominee can be any CIRMA member or individual department of a CIRMA member (ex. DPW, Parks and Rec, School Maintenance Department, PD etc.).
• Members must be willing to share the details of their initiative(s) and results in CIRMA publications and at CIRMA’s Annual Meeting of Members.
Who Can Nominate:
• Members can nominate themselves or another CIRMA member.
• CIRMA Staff can make nominations.
Note: Nominations from insurance agents, brokers, or organizations will not be accepted.
Announcement of the Winners:
Announcement of the award recipients will be made in the fall and the winners will be featured in an issue of CT&C. In addition the winners will be honored at CIRMA’s Annual Meeting of Members.