VFA Insurance Program - Enhanced for 2016-17.
New for 2016-17! CIRMA's Volunteer Firefighter Accident Insurance Program includes new Hospital Indemnity benefit, Education benefits, and Beneficiary Assist® benefits. The policy now has a broader definition of spouse to include domestic partner. For more information download our VFA Flyer or Booklet. Or contact your CIRMA Underwriter.
New Liability-Auto-Property Coverages for 2016-17
New for 2016-17! We’ve expanded our Liability-Auto-Property Program to offer coverage for two important new exposures: Cyber Liability and drones.
Look for more information about these new LAP program enhancements in the weeks ahead
CIRMA's E-Learning Center -- New topics for Spring 2016
Employee training is one of the most important parts of your risk management program. CIRMA's new E-Learning Center extends the reach of our Risk Management Training & Education programs, enabling employees and managers to learn important safety and risk management topics -- when and where their work schedule demands, from any computer or mobile device with internet access. CIRMA's E-Learning program is provided free to all CIRMA members. Register your employees now so that they can take advantage of this important training opportunity. Watch your email inbox for news and information or contact us for more information on registration. Download the brochure.
We've added eleven new topics for Spring 2016. Our topics are:
A printable certificate is issued upon successful completion of the program.
Workers’ Compensation Pool Members: Report claims online
Please note: Please report ALL non-catastrophic claims online. To register to report claims online, please contact Sean Gaffney.
The ease-of-use and speed of our NetClaim.net reporting system helps assure that our claims teams receives accurate, timely information about the claim to help achieve the best possible outcome. Catherine Reese of the Town Waterford says of the system:
"Waterford has used CIRMA’s internet claim filing service since August 2006.
This process has resulted in the following benefits:
• Streamlined the claim reporting process (faster, easier reporting).
• Centralized the reporting to the HR Office which ensured confidentiality and proper follow-up.
• Claims detail more accurate with nothing being lost “in translation” in a telephone call.
• Saved valuable time in a very busy HR Office when time is at a premium.
• IVOS invaluable for checking status of claim, payments, etc.
The Town of Waterford has been very happy with this CIRMA service and happily recommend it to any municipality!"
Excellence in Risk Management Award
CIRMA’s Excellence in Risk Management Award honors those CIRMA members who demonstrate exceptional leadership and exemplarily results in the management of their risk and loss exposures. Awards are given to CIRMA members annually to recognize and highlight the successes of their risk management programs, initiatives and provide an opportunity to share these accomplishments and promote the value of risk management throughout CIRMA’s membership.
• The CIRMA Excellence in Risk Management Award is open to all CIRMA members.
• A nominee can be any CIRMA member or individual department of a CIRMA member (ex. DPW, Parks and Rec, School Maintenance Department, PD etc.).
• Members must be willing to share the details of their initiative(s) and results in CIRMA publications and at CIRMA’s Annual Meeting of Members.
Who Can Nominate:
• Members can nominate themselves or another CIRMA member.
• CIRMA Staff can make nominations.
Note: Nominations from insurance agents, brokers, or organizations will not be accepted.
Download an award application.
Announcement of the Winners:
Announcement of the award recipients will be made in the fall and the winners will be featured in an issue of CT&C. In addition the winners will be honored at CIRMA’s Annual Meeting of Members.